7-Weeks to Resilience and Wellbeing
Starting 28th September 2021, 10am-12.15pm
Energy, happiness, engagement and motivation among other characteristics might be considered outcomes of high wellbeing and resilience – you might also say they’re ways of describing them.
This course CPD accredited course approaches wellbeing and resilience with a holistic hat on – bringing in both physical and mental aspects, with a range of topics from mastery to emotion. It allows you to target your improvements from multiple angles and with different approaches, discovering your own path to higher wellbeing and resilience – which can bring more energy, happiness, engagement and motivation for the things that are important in your life.
For just over two hours a week over seven weeks, we’ll look at practical ways of enhancing wellbeing and resilience, using our 6-Element Model, informed by modern empirical science, to create useful change in your approach to everyday life. Each week, I’ll suggest exercises or experiments you can undertake to discover the approaches that work for you. The sessions are a mix of exercises, conversations and concepts designed to make the theory real and practical.
An extensively researched and well organised course, presented in an engaging way…
M. Chadwick (see other course feedback)
Start date: 28th September 2021
Time: 10.00 until 12.15
Venue: Renewal Centre, Church Road, Swallowfield, Reading, RG7 1TJ AND Live Online
Cost of course: £235 (£215 for those who have been on my mindfulness course, or repeating this course)
Optional add-on: Add a one-to-one session with an Individual Lifestyle Assessment at half-price as a course attendee for £170 £85
- Module 1, 28th September – The Core
- Module 2, 5th October – What’s the Meaning? Our why
- Module 3, 12th October – Working with Emotion: Our internal climate control
- Module 4, 19th October– Awareness: The start of change and choice
- (one week break for school half-term)
- Module 5, 2nd November – Moving to Mastery: How we make our contribution
- Module 6, 9th November – Physiology: Keeping the body in mind
- Module 7, 16th November – From micro to macro: What now?
Here are 22 of the topics we cover in the course:
- What are resilience and wellbeing
- How willpower and motivation impact us and using alternative approaches to achievement
- Understanding habit development and change
- How the stories we tell ourselves impact us
- Finding meaning and purpose
- Two very different ways of measuring wellbeing
- The value of emotion
- Models of understanding emotion
- Impact of wellbeing on emotion
- Developing emotional skills and emotional intelligence
- Managing or regulating emotion
- Understanding attention and awareness
- How attention impacts learning
- Brain regions and attention – frontal, left and right
- What is mastery
- Models of expertise
- What are mindsets and impact on learning and stress
- Key elements of physical wellbeing
- Approaches to good sleep
- Approaches to good diet
- Approaches to staying active
- How the six-element model combines to support performance, resilience and wellbeing
7-Weeks to Performance, Resilience and Wellbeing has been accredited by the CPD Standards Office and counts 16.45 hours towards CDP requirements.
This seven week course has been exceptionally good.
-Solome (See other course feedback)
Is the course still going ahead given COVID-19?
Yes…I expect to run the course from the Renewal Centre, and I can also run it live online. If we go into lockdown, we can shift to online-only delivery (using Microsoft Teams which is free to you, and available on any modern PC, phone or tablet.)
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
The course is open to anyone aged 18 years or over.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
If you have further questions, do get in touch using one of the options on our Contact Me page.
What if there is a week I can’t make it?
If we know you can’t make a particular week, we can ensure that you still received the notes for that week, along with the exercises. Sometimes it’s even possible to join the training online using Skype. So, don’t worry too much if you know there is one week you can’t make it. If it’s two or more weeks I can’t make it? Generally, it’s a good idea to book on the following course – but, every situation is different, so do contact Mark to discuss; for example, it may be possible to book a number of one-to-one sessions to cover the content you won’t be able to make.
Can I reserve a place on the course?
You’re welcome to reserve a place with a deposit of £40, which will hold the place until 7 days before the course. So we ask for full payment at least 7 days prior to the course.
Can I pay by…?
Our default payment model is credit card (using Stripe). However, if you would like to pay by bank transfer, cheque, or even cash you have the option to specify this on the payment page, and we’ll be happy to arrange it with you.
What is the refund policy?
A full refund is available if you choose to cancel your attendance 4 or more days before the first training session, and a 60% refund right up until the first session. A full refund is also available if you attend the first training session and decide that the course is not for you – just let us know within 24 hours of the first session.
What size is the class?
The course is run with a small group, a maximum of 12 people, and a minimum of 5. If we don’t get at least five people booking the course, it’s likely that it won’t run – both because of the interaction that benefits those who attend the course and because of the costs of running it.
What are the computer / technical requirements to attend?
Some of the class content is provided on the internet (via this website) – so access to the internet is the only suggestion – even then, it’s optional.